Caregivers from Dependable Care know the challenges which seniors with diabetes face. We’re here to help diabetic seniors in Connecticut live well with diabetes. Our clients’ outcomes include improved self-care and activity levels, and increased social involvement for a longer, more enjoyable life. Our team encourages healthy aging with active attention to diabetic concerns.
A Caring Relationship with our Clients
When we, as Dependable Care providers, arrive in your loved one’s home, we extend the hand of friendship. We’re there to help, to connect and listen, and to always watch for concerns which may need further attention. Well-trained in diabetic care, we know that our non-medical help and alert observation can make a big difference to our clients in staying healthy and active.
Extensive Training and Experience with Diabetic Individuals
We are carefully trained, ready to help with daily household routines and needs. We also keep an eye on our clients’ diet, activity level, blood glucose testing, and independence. We provide:
- Companion Care – Talking about the news, playing a game, or enjoying conversation
- Homemaking – Keeping the home tidy, doing laundry, making the bed
- Personal Care Assistance – Helping with bathing, medications, dressing, mobility
- 24-hour Live-in Caregivers – Making sure home is safe and comfortable for our client
Diabetes Home Care in CT
A Medically Guided Care Plan
Our care is guided by a registered nurse who talks with the client and family members, outlines a safe plan of care, and provides detailed instructions to caregivers. Our goal is to ensure that both the client and his or her loved ones can relax and count on our experienced, non-medical care. We value the independence of our clients, and do our part to ensure that they can enjoy the comfort and familiarity of their homes as long as possible.
Some of the ways we make a difference, specifically for our diabetic clients:
- Meals guided by diabetic nutrition standards
- Help with self-testing and monitoring
- Errands – light housekeeping, personal laundry, grocery trips
- Daily exercise
- Daily reminders of diabetes routines and self-care
- Escorting to medical appointments
- Help with daily life, paying careful attention to any changes in physical or mental status
- Checking feet and skin, noting sores or other issues and communicating promptly
- Providing continuity of companionship and support
We’re known throughout Connecticut for our attitude of excellence. The Dependable Care team provides clients with highly trained and proficient, carefully screened and compassionate care providers. Our responsive and knowledgeable staff stands ready to assist caregivers with any concerns or questions. The expertise and dependability we offer help clients and their families enjoy peace of mind, knowing that we are committed to the quality care and independent life of their diabetic seniors.
For More Information About Our Diabetic Home Care Services Call (203) 580-6260.